Scholarship awards are made on an annual basis and do not require repayment. Academic excellence, financial need, and major of study are the primary criteria used for selecting recipients. Students awarded scholarships will typically be expected to maintain a cumulative as well as a semester GPA of 3.0.
Generally, students who entered Georgia Tech as freshmen are limited to receiving institutional scholarships for the first eight (8) terms of full-time enrollment. During an academic year, scholarships are generally awarded for two (2) semesters (Fall, Spring, or Summer).
A transfer student's term limit eligibility will be determined on an individual basis depending upon hours transferred.
To be considered for scholarships awarded by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, you must complete a financial aid application (FAFSA) and the Georgia Tech Application for Scholarships and Financial Aid each year.
Please note that there are many students who may be equally qualified for a scholarship, however preference is given to students who show financial need and meet the established application deadlines. Individual scholarship applications are not required to apply for listed scholarships.
Scholarship Opportunities at Georgia Tech
- Institutional Scholarships with Recipients Selected by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- G. Wayne Clough Tech Promise Program
- Godbold Family Foundation Scholarship
- GTRI Scholarship (not currently accepting applications)
- Institutional Scholarships with Recipients Selected by Entities other than the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Stamps President's Scholars Program
- Provost Scholarship
- National Merit and National Achievement
- Georgia Tech Alumni Network and Georgia Tech Alumni Network Matching Scholarships
- Goizueta Foundation Scholarship
- School of Materials Science and Engineering Scholarships at GT
- Scheller College of Business Dean's and Faculty Merit Scholarships
- School of Economics Undergraduate Scholarships
- Georgia Student Finance Commission Scholarship for Engineering Education for Minorities
Page last reviewed/updated 07/29/16